Wine tasting season is just around the corner, which means it is time to plan your next tasting! We want you to make the most of your wine tasting experience, especially if this is your first time! Here are a few tips on making the most of your next wine tasting.
We all know what happens when you go somewhere without a plan – you tend to spend more than you planned on spending. Every winery will have different types of tours and tastings that will best fit what you and your group want to do. At Acquaviva, we have:
- Our tasting experts will guide you through tasting 6 wines of your choice from dry to sweet. If it is your first wine tasting, we will show you how to make the most of the experience. Come in anytime for a tasting, no reservation is needed.
From Grape to Bottle
- A behind-the-scenes tour of our winemaking operation. (Approx. 30 minutes) Make a reservation
Sip & Tour
- Enjoy a glass of wine from our local selection while touring our winemaking operation. (Approx. 30 minutes) Make a reservation
- Experience the ultimate in wine tasting and tour with our winemaker, Sergio Benavides. Learn about our wine production and the complexity of our wines while pairing them with artisan cheeses and specialty meats. (Approx. 60 minutes) Make a reservation
- Another component is that you should consider is a safe ride home.
What Should I Wear?
It is very important to dress properly for your wine tasting experience. There is no specific dress code to wear for your wine tasting but there are a few things you can consider! If your wine tasting includes a walking tour of the vineyard or winery, wear comfortable shoes! Nothing is worse than your feet hurting when you are standing or walking for a longer period of time.
Another tip is to avoid light-colored clothing (in case of accidental spills). Accidents happen, so you don’t want to ruin your brand new white shirt! Of course, these are just tips, so wear whatever you desire. There will be a lot of photo opportunities, so make sure you like what you are wearing but also be conscious of what you will be doing.
Ask Questions During Your Wine Tasting
Don’t be afraid to ask questions during your wine tasting! The winemakers are passionate about everything that has to do with wine, so this is the perfect time to learn how the wine is grown and produced! It is always more fun to understand what you are drinking and the background of it. Don’t worry, there is no quiz at the end.
During your tasting, you will try a variety of different types of wines, so make sure you take note of the ones you like and don’t like. There will be so many that you will try and you may forget which ones you enjoyed and you can have these notes for the next time you order wine! You will learn how to properly drink wine, the process of making the wine, and what meats and cheeses to pair your wine with! So the next time you are with your friends and family, you can teach them everything you learned! They will definitely be impressed.
This is the most important rule. No matter who you are with or what kind of tasting you are doing – make the most of it! Take a bunch of pictures and be open to trying and learning new things.